TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member to the site. I recently got rid of my 2003 s-10 ZR2 and bought a 2004 Double Cab Tacoma. I am now beginning my long list of mods and accessories that I would like. Can anyone recommend a brand of trailer hitch? I had a hidden hitch on my last truck, and I was happy with it. Also, is this something I can install easily myself? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a Hidden Hitch from E-trailer (etrailer.com) and been happy with it. I paid right around $130. The Hidden Hitches don't show much, which I like. I also got the wiring harness they sell although I know others have said that you can pick it up at Wal-Mart for less. A buddy of mine has a Tacoma that was prewired from the factory. My dealership told me it was part of the Trailer Tow Package that included the upgraded fan clutch. The hitch is easy to install; I 've never done one, and it took me all of about an hour. E-trailer people are cool to deal with it, and I had mine within just a couple of days of ordering it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a reese trailer hitch on my 04. I don't think it matters what brand you buy. I have use is as a tow point a few time and seem to be fine. My only problem is I can't find a drop bracket long enough.

You can install it. Mine took 4 bolts. Now the wiring harness just plugs right in the tail lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts