TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks but got a bit tired clicking away searching..... :banghead:

Looking for feedback on the TRAILMASTER 6" SUSPENSION AND BODY LIFT KIT (Part# T4606)

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
A drop bracket style lift like that actually yields less ground clearance than a set of Old Man Emu coils or a set of higher end coilovers. If you are looking for offroad performance, that seems to be the consensus. That type of lift requires some cutting and welding to your truck, while some simple lift springs like the ones I mentioned are nothing more than pulling the stock ones and replacing with the style you choose. And, an alignment. If you are looking for 6" of lift, you can add a bodylift to the springs. I have seen Trailmaster lifts break on the trail and it wasn't fun. Not saying other things don't break. Just saying, from what I have heard, "Trail Disaster" lifts are not the preferred type. I am by no means the authority on this, just relaying the little I do know on it. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I wouldn't recommend that much lift on an IFS rig, drop bracket lift or not. If ground clearance is what you're looking for, Alan1116 is correct. Go for a pair of sway-a-way coilovers or Old Man Emu coils. You'll also have several options for the rear as well including Dakar, Deaver, or Alcan leaf packs with long travel shocks. Why would you think you'll need 6 inches to be effective off road? The other lift options mentioned above will actually yield better off road performance. If you feel 2.5-3 inches is not enough for the type of wheeling you do, save the money you would have spent on a 6 inch lift, and get some sliders (rocker guards) and a locker for your rear diff. Much better use of money than a drop braket lift IMO!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Exactly what I was hoping for, helpful info.

Oh by the way, "Purity" it must drag you down to carry so much "ASS" on your shoulders. :flipoff4:

You sure made me feel welcome around here!!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Exactly what I was hoping for, helpful info.

Oh by the way, "Purity" it must drag you down to carry so much "ASS" on your shoulders. :flipoff4:

You sure made me feel welcome around here!!

well neeeewb questions belong in the the neeewb section. and this has been covered a million time. If you had really read all the posts you said you did you could of exspected this. :D :2cents:

·
Banned
262 Posts
Run the trailmaster, AND the OME's. I did that shit years ago and outwheeled all these pussies on this board back then.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Can you feel the heat???:flamethro:xsmash: :dualing: Gonna get hot in here real quick.

·
Registered
444 Posts
please note: that trailmaster part number is NOT for the 6" bracket lift. it's a spacer/bodylift combo that's packaged as a 6" total lift kit (3" spacer, 3" body) still kinda crappy imho

~aloha~

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had a tacoma with 6" t/m lift for about 5 years never had any problem other than the metal sleeve on the rack wore out, T/m struts don't even put them in mine lasted like a week. Alignment won't stay long. But I had nwor coils on mine and a custom made 7" spacer and would still driving it if not for an 18 wheeler.

Save the money and go stright axle. You'll never regret it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey man any questions you have on this lift just pm me and I'll be happy to answer them for ya. Must be that time of the month around here or something. This site is here to help fellow members not make fun of them or anything else.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey man any questions you have on this lift just pm me and I'll be happy to answer them for ya. Must be that time of the month around here or something. This site is here to help fellow members not make fun of them or anything else.
Good call. I'd help him out, but I have no info on that kit. If he wants to avoid flaming and shit throwing, he should post up in the newb section and learn to read. It states very clearly that section is reserved for non flaming posts. But I guess rules are rules and they are made to be broken. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
no flames here... just lots of aloha. as mentioned before, please note that this is NOT the 6" tacoma suspension lift most people think of when they think of trailmaster, it's a 3" spacer lift and a 3" PA bodylift packaged together.
from their website:
T4606 - 6”(3+3) Lift System for the 2005-2006 Toyota Tacoma 2WD & 4WD

PAG has teamed Performance Accessories and Trailmaster Suspension together to create Trailmaster Suspension’s New Exclusive 6” (3+3) Lift System. This innovative system was engineered in the mountains of Central Arizona for the 2005 – 06 Toyota Tacoma 2WD/4WD. This exclusive system combines Trailmaster’s 3” suspension spacer kit with a 3” Performance Accessories body lift kit for a total of 6” of lift. 6” in the front and 5” in the rear for a level look, your vehicle will retain the quality factory ride. The kit includes a new front skid plate with stainless steel TM logo, PA gap guards, and two sets of rear bumper brackets. SSV rear shocks are also included with the kit. All necessary hardware and brackets are included. This kit is offered exclusively from Trailmaster Suspension. Part number T4606.

~aloha~

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Live4yotas. I know I'm a newbie round here, but at the same time, I seriously could not find a "specific answer" to my TM question. Which is just feedback for this suspension.

I'll have about 3K to spend on this, so I was shopping around and found TM system, and really could not find anybody that had them. Still can't on a 2005 Taco.

Anyway, Demello will be installing some rock crushers for me this Friday. I can ask them.

I'm an avid hunter, and go through various terrain, and I want something that can not only handle the trail, but is also as comfortable as getting to the trail as the stock.

I do appreciate the input everyone, but as life goes, if I wanted good customer service, and polite answers, without the smart cracks, I should have gone to Demello straight, but couldn't wait until Friday.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
if you want to do a drop bracket lift, go for the tuff country. Its a 5" kit. I compared that and the fabtech kit many times when i was thinking of a drop bracket lift and the results were clear.

search a little more and you will have your answer

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Run the trailmaster, AND the OME's. I did that shit years ago and outwheeled all these pussies on this board back then.
this all depends on your experience. You prolly knew your truck better and how to wheel better than the group you were with

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
FGO: no problema. You will find that most peeps around here are more than happy to help out. But flaming is a rite of passage. I was flamed and so will you. It is best to lurk for a while, get a feel for the players, post up in the correct sections and most importantly search first. We all dedicate a lot of free time to cruising these forums, so answering the same Q's repeatedly gets pretty redundant. Good luck with your truck.:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks Live4yotas. I know I'm a newbie round here, but at the same time, I seriously could not find a "specific answer" to my TM question. Which is just feedback for this suspension.

I'll have about 3K to spend on this, so I was shopping around and found TM system, and really could not find anybody that had them. Still can't on a 2005 Taco.

Anyway, Demello will be installing some rock crushers for me this Friday. I can ask them.

I'm an avid hunter, and go through various terrain, and I want something that can not only handle the trail, but is also as comfortable as getting to the trail as the stock.

I do appreciate the input everyone, but as life goes, if I wanted good customer service, and polite answers, without the smart cracks, I should have gone to Demello straight, but couldn't wait until Friday.

hmm.... maybe instead of searching for trailmaster lift for tacomas, search spacer lift and body lift. most people on here assume when you ask for feedback on the TM lift, you are asking for feedback on their drop bracket lift. as posted previously, this is NOT a bracket lift. it is a 3" spacer lift and a 3" body lift sold as a kit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts