TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering If anyone knows of any trails in the Los Alamos or Abiquiu area? I have seen photos of past NMTTORA trips out there and seeing how they are fairly close to where I live would be nice to know. If you know maybe location or even possibly have some GPS coordinates that would be great. Let me know? Could always plan a trail run if you want to lead also.

-Richard

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here's a write-up about the stuff near Abiquiu.

The playground that they mention is actually just north of town and behind the school that you'll see in the east side of the highway. Just take the dirt road that branchs to the right and it'll lead you back into the hills.

The Webb trail starts in the little road side picnic area a few miles north of town (some people would call it a transfer station for all the trash bags that get abandoned there every week but it is in fact, supposed to be a park.) It's on the east side of the road in the bend of a long curve just as you top out of the long climb up to the mesa top. If you've ever been up there, you know the park I'm talking about. It right at the top of the red rocks. The trail starts at the south end of that park. Just cut through the fence and drop down into the wash.

I can't really tell you anything else about them. I've never bothered to explore either area. I've seen pictures and talked to folks that have good things to say about the Webb...more then worthy for a modestly modified vehicle. I've seen a few pictures of buggies on their lids at teh playground so there must be some attractions there. I think it's one of those "It is what you make it" sorts of area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts