TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking at maybe doing a run this weekend with my stocker, the wifes dodge, and maybe a couple other folks. Was wondering what, if any trails out toward the white tanks are doable with a stock taco and a slightly lifted dodge. Other options might be butcher jones, box canyon (FJ), and martinez cabin. Anyone interested or have suggestions let me know. Most likely day will be Sunday.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Box Canyon and Martinez Cabin will be fine for those rigs.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
There is plenty of stuff out west to go run around on. White Tanks has some fun stuff, just be sure to pick your canyon trails carefully or you might end up in some rough stuff. You can run all around Wickenburg by the Vulture mine area. You can also run up the Hassyampa river north of the 60, or just south of there go play and look for the gravel hills. There is also several trail areas off the 85. There is a bird preserve area to the west of 85 and in the hills to the east there is an area with big horn sheep. Go pick up the BackCountry Adventures Arizona guide book. It has alot of trails, maps, directions and other info for the more stock vehicle. Here is a link so you know what to look for, you can pick it up at just about any book store or off road shop. http://www.trails.com/catalog_product.asp?productfamilyid=10863

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Hey all, looking at maybe doing a run this weekend with my stocker, the wifes dodge, and maybe a couple other folks. Was wondering what, if any trails out toward the white tanks are doable with a stock taco and a slightly lifted dodge. Other options might be butcher jones, box canyon (FJ), and martinez cabin. Anyone interested or have suggestions let me know. Most likely day will be Sunday.

there are 2 descent books: one is small and less accurate. The other is physically larger and is real good. Gives GPS coors, alot of trails:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guide-to-Arizon...107571103QQihZ011QQcategoryZ378QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is plenty of stuff out west to go run around on. White Tanks has some fun stuff, just be sure to pick your canyon trails carefully or you might end up in some rough stuff. You can run all around Wickenburg by the Vulture mine area. You can also run up the Hassyampa river north of the 60, or just south of there go play and look for the gravel hills. There is also several trail areas off the 85. There is a bird preserve area to the west of 85 and in the hills to the east there is an area with big horn sheep. Go pick up the BackCountry Adventures Arizona guide book. It has alot of trails, maps, directions and other info for the more stock vehicle. Here is a link so you know what to look for, you can pick it up at just about any book store or off road shop. http://www.trails.com/catalog_product.asp?productfamilyid=10863

I had a copy of that somewhere, but since completely disassembling my wifes dodge interior to install her stereo system it has gone missing. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I found our Back Country Adventures Book buried in the garage. We went out towards Gila Bend and did a trail called Margies Peak and another called Robbins Butte. Both easy drives and very scenic. With the wife expecting our newest wheeler in July we are staying away from the more challenging trails and aiming for scenery. If you haven't been out that way....it's worth the drive for the scenery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts