TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my wolo dual trumpet big rig air horn from JC whitney today and put it straight onto the truck with the stock horn wires. Its a real head turner the two trupets are 11 5/8 inches and 12.5 in compared to the ones that are mostly 6-8 in. if you want to get noticed i highly recomment doing this

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
SCtacoman said:
i got my wolo dual trumpet big rig air horn from JC whitney today and put it straight onto the truck with the stock horn wires. Its a real head turner the two trupets are 11 5/8 inches and 12.5 in compared to the ones that are mostly 6-8 in. if you want to get noticed i highly recomment doing this
I "recomment" being carefull who you fuck with if you don't want a ticket.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mike said:
I "recomment" being carefull who you fuck with if you don't want a ticket.

Later,
....Mike
Whats that all about? Is it illegal in Calif. to have a horn or your truck that sounds like a truck horn? Mike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
my brother got a ticket for improper use of horn. and that was a stock horn. just dont use it around a cop

·
Registered
552 Posts
"Improper" use of a horn could be issued no matter what horn you have. Never heard of a ticket for having a loud horn. But I don't live in Calif. either,Lol. The laws are different from state to state, that's for sure!, :( Mike

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Mike-in-WV said:
"Improper" use of a horn could be issued no matter what horn you have. Never heard of a ticket for having a loud horn. But I don't live in Calif. either,Lol. The laws are different from state to state, that's for sure!, :( Mike
I think it comes down to not using something that doesn't sound like a normal vehicle horn. I have a horn in my truck that sounds like a fire truck horn. It really freaks people out, but would probably get me in a lot of trouble if I used it around a cop.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
yep gonna honk the wrong person and cause an accident or get the crap beat out of u.

·
Registered
552 Posts
darwink1 said:
yep gonna honk the wrong person and cause an accident or get the crap beat out of u.
Hell, That could happen with a stock horn!

Mike, I know what you mean about using your fire truck horn around a cop,Lol. Mike

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hell with a JC whitney horn. I got me a train horn suckas! Lord this thing is gonna get me in trouble...

·
Registered
369 Posts
GD why the hell does everything here anymore become a "its illegal" shit anymore god guys I know Ca. is the fuckstick of the US w/ laws etc., but it seams like everything thats a mod anymore that involves lights, sounds etc. gets an instant "you better watch out" from a Ca poster. Most of us understand that you dont do stuff to provoke Johnny law to give you a ticket, or want to give you a ticket. Hell can we please stop the lawyer talk here.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I was kinda surprised when I got my recent Texas safety inspection. My truck was gonna fail for the horn being to loud (It's got air horns), I plugged the factory horn back in and it passed. Texas has had a law on the books for many years that only allows an auto horn to blow so many decibels, I'd expect this in California, but Texas?

·
Registered
552 Posts
tbplus10 said:
I was kinda surprised when I got my recent Texas safety inspection. My truck was gonna fail for the horn being to loud (It's got air horns), I plugged the factory horn back in and it passed. Texas has had a law on the books for many years that only allows an auto horn to blow so many decibels, I'd expect this in California, but Texas?

Hook them up separate of the stock horns and install another switch or button for them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, that is fricking awesome. Plenty of good spoof video plots and scaring idiot pedestrians with that.

Where did you get the train horn from?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mike-in-WV said:
Hook them up separate of the stock horns and install another switch or button for them.
I used the stock horn button to control both my train horns and also the stock horn. I used a switch to select which set of horns was "live". Connect the switch to a Bosch style relay. Put the relay inline with the stock horn wire. Horn input on #30, out to the stock horns on #87a, out to the train horn solenoid on #87. #85 to ground. #86 to your incab 12v+ switch. When the switch is off your stock horns will blow as usual. When you turn the switch On the relay will disconnect the stock horns from the circuit, and it connects the horn button to the train horn solenoid.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Voimakas said:
Wow, that is fricking awesome. Plenty of good spoof video plots and scaring idiot pedestrians with that.

Where did you get the train horn from?
I need to make a new video. The horns are even louder and sharper now. I bumped up the pressure from 150 to 175. It's insanely loud now. :D I love it. It's awesome when people are driving over a railroad crossing. LOL

I got the horns and compressor from www.vtkustoms.com. I got the 5 gallon aluminum air tank from www.FBIrides.com My CarDomain has some pics of the install.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I got mine from siege engineering. Its a 3 liter compressor and tank set up and my horn is mounted towards the rear above my driveshaft, between my gas tank and exhaust. It is loud as hell!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts