TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry first of all. I didn't know where to post this.. But I really need help, I've talked to two different mechanics and no answers.. This isn't for my Tacoma, its for our 04' Camry XLE 4cyl. When you put it reverse and give it anymore than 1/4 throttle, (like to back up my inclined driveway or to get over the curb at the bottom of our driveway) it jerks violently! It feels like its missing teeth on a gear, which I'm sure it isn't but that's what it feels like. But only when you have to give it 1/4+, any less and its fine. It jerks so hard it feels like another car ramming into you and not just one time, multiple times really fast!.. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Has your ebrake been under water lately? The drums can stick sometimes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no and this is far more violent than rear drum brakes could do.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I'm guessing it is an automatic? Problem with the torque converter or the Trans control computer?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea sorry, it is an automatic.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
check ATF fluid first.

There is a TSB for vibration during 1-2 shifting in a 2AZ-FE w/ 4 speed Auto. Fix is a valve body replacement.

High high is your idle going into reverse? Could be too high. 1000rpm or higher will jerk.

Last thing I could think of is the shift lever (rod) could be off set.. Your shift indicator could say "reverse", but it could not be in all the way. It should be adjustable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts