TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think my trans is acting up, wasn't sure at first, but now im pretty sure it the tranny. Getting a "shudder" feel between 3-4th gear...Been noticing it off and on for a few weeks now havent been driving a whole lot. Yesterday i helped pull a big dodge diesel and two full size chevys out the mud and on my way home i noticed it a couple times rather pronounced. Question is how long i got till it fails me? I know theres no solid answer but there a couple runs with you all this month and i got a cross country trip coming up...Really i want to know if i got a decent chance of making it another 15K???

Also if its best just to get it done now i would like some leads on a local trustworthy shop with a quick turnaround.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Think my trans is acting up, wasn't sure at first, but now im pretty sure it the tranny. Getting a "shudder" feel between 3-4th gear...Been noticing it off and on for a few weeks now havent been driving a whole lot. Yesterday i helped pull a big dodge diesel and two full size chevys out the mud and on my way home i noticed it a couple times rather pronounced. Question is how long i got till it fails me? I know theres no solid answer but there a couple runs with you all this month and i got a cross country trip coming up...Really i want to know if i got a decent chance of making it another 15K???

Also if its best just to get it done now i would like some leads on a local trustworthy shop with a quick turnaround.
The sealed auto transmission has a known issue with moisture building up in the torque converter. The shuddering you are feeling is more than likely due to this issue. A good start would be to do a complete transmission flush. If you don't have the pump to extract the fluid out yourself then take it to a dealer or reputable transmission shop to have it done. The longer you let it go the worse it's gonna get.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not know about the moisture buildup issue, thanks.

I did a drain/refill and filter myself, seems o.k. made it cross country and have not had any issues yet out here. A complete flush will need to be done as soon as I can afford to do so...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts