TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had tranny problems? Mine keeps slipping from 2nd to 3rd on my 07 Auto with 51000 kms on it. Going to have to flatbed it to the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Not so far...we have 12,600 miles on the clock and not a single issue. I love it except for the touchy brakes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems at 28K miles, but sounds like a warranty issue if there is one. Did you check the blue room?
Yes. They are posting pics of tranny hookers.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Try a memory reset if you don't want to go to the dealer (they will try this first). Disconnect your battery for an hour and hook it back up. Drive the vehicle hard for 5 miles and see how the tranny feels. On some ocasions these newer trannys "learn" a goofy drive pattern and start to give a funny feel. Most new toyota tranny are this way. There are no updated ECU programs for the FJ for shifting concerns.

How bad is the slip? Does it hang between gears for a long time?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the verdict is in from Toyota. The entire transmission needs to be replaced. FJ is in the shop for 2 weeks. No loaner vehicle. It is being covered under warranty.
When it was slipping it was hanging for 4 seconds that I counted. Couldnt get past 2nd.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thats why automatic trannys suck... I have NEVER had a good experience with one, plus they eat horsepower, and me likey horsepower. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In Canada, our base warranty does not cover a rental. Only the extra warranty package offers rental.

I went for the auto just for the fact I had the option of 2 wheel on the highway. I wonder if they would drop in a manual? haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts