TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couldn't deside on a good catagory for this I chose here.

I noticed www.marlincrawler.com has some first gear up grade for the R150 in tacomas. Would be really nice to have in mine.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/trans.html

In my lack of sleep I wasn't looking at the information correctly for my model. Time for more research.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
boophoenix said:

I noticed www.marlincrawler.com has some first gear up grade for the R150 in tacomas. Would be really nice to have in mine.

In my lack of sleep I wasn't looking at the information correctly for my model. Time for more research.
yes. send them your tranny and they will rebuild it with the lower 1st for $$$ ;)
someone here has had this done..Weslystoy? can't remember.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
boophoenix said:

Dollar for dollar, a crawl box would be even better. Trust me.:xsmokin1:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Dick Foster said:
well duh...

mine should be ready for AZ Rocks ;)
now, to get the rear quarters taken care of...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Don't make me :bitchslap you. LOL
promises, promises

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hytenor said:
yes. send them your tranny and they will rebuild it with the lower 1st for $$$ ;)
Acually I was more interested in the gears and main shafts as the rebuild I can do myself and save alot of labor. However in my lack of sleep last night it's not an option for my tranny which I think may be the w59.

Still may do a rebuild as I need to replace my pilot bearing and possibly clutch.

Now if the r150 can be fitted to the 2.7L I might be in for some shopping and a nice upgrade.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dick Foster said:
Acually I was looking for a little better first gear for the next couple of years as the interstates here are all under construction and it get anoying shifting to 2 low to creap.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
However in my lack of sleep last night it's not an option for my tranny which I think may be the w59.

Now if the r150 can be fitted to the 2.7L I might be in for some shopping and a nice upgrade.[/QUOTE]

spline count is different between the v6 and 4-banger trannys so w/o some sort of adapter it wouldn't work.

have you talked to Marlin about a gear for the 2.7 tranny? Its already lower than the one in the v6 cases...3.95:1 vs 3.83

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing