TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would love to put one of these six speeds on my 04,4x4,mannual. its just geared to low for the freeway because everyone is passing me up unless im in 3500 rpms. is it even compatable.? i recently got a s/c with urd and the s/c seemed to make it worse.

·
Registered
598 Posts
00trdtaco said:
i would love to put one of these six speeds on my 04,4x4,mannual. its just geared to low for the freeway because everyone is passing me up unless im in 3500 rpms. is it even compatable.? i recently got a s/c with urd and the s/c seemed to make it worse.

Tire size or gearing changes to your truck? For that matter, do you know what the gearing is?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
00trdtaco said:
good question but I imagine you'd have to swap engine/tranny and tcase.

the machining specs on the 3.4 and the new v6 must be out there somewhere!

I know...tell your dealer you want to do a long-term test drive like Volvo has. Take it home, pull the tranny and see if it fits ;)

the 6 sp is longer than our 5-sps so you'd need a new crossmember and driveshaft.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
hytenor said:
I know...tell your dealer you want to do a long-term test drive like Volvo has. Take it home, pull the tranny and see if it fits ;)/QUOTE]

no swap the entire drivetrain and put the 3.4 drivetrain in the '05 then take it back to the dealer.
might be able to have adapter made so bolts in too.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
grumpy said:
hytenor said:
I know...tell your dealer you want to do a long-term test drive like Volvo has. Take it home, pull the tranny and see if it fits ;)/QUOTE]

no swap the entire drivetrain and put the 3.4 drivetrain in the '05 then take it back to the dealer.
might be able to have adapter made so bolts in too.
Hmm, and the needed crossmember should just unbolt ;)

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
6spd

00trdtaco said:

W/ money, anything is possible. The real question is, do you have the money to be able to do this? haha!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
grumpy said:
you know I was jsut being a smartass!!! I haven't looked that closely at the 05 driveline
that's ok, I'm just being a post whore ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
00trdtaco said:
I'm just guessing here.. but didn't the 04 4runners have the 4.0 V6 with the old 4spd auto, the same auto that was in the 3.4 V6? If it did, wouldn't that mean that the bell housing is the same. If it is then the 6spd should bold right up to the 4.0, except for the cross member and such.

I know with the older Toyota motors and trans. almost all were interchangeable between each-other. My buddy and I swapped a 22re with an 18rg in a pickup. That was fun. :D

Just a thought...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
grumpy said:
will you'll be some kind of a hoe so a post hoe is probably best :)
Hoe, Hoe ,Hoe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing