TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a problem that hopefully one of you moe's knows the answer to.

2002 Double Cab
3.4v6 auto
Prerunner to 4wd conversion
trans\tc from a 99 4runner not multimode

Transfer case is electronically actuated by a two way switch that just reversed polarity on the two wires getting the motor to lock and unlock

Ok well the problem is the damn motor doesn't want to spin anymore. When i first installed the trans\tc it worked like a charm, now i can activate the relay and then when i push the switch to lock the lights dim like it's working but it never locks the tc, i have indicator lights.

I have popped off the lower section of the actuator (where there is a big cog with the grounding contacts on it) and it looks clean. Cover that comes off below the black cap where the wire connector is on the left.

I did run wires directly from the battery to the actuator and it finally locked after much cussing. Then it finally unlocked after more cussing. Reconnected the on truck wiring. After that, it worked for about 4 to 6 hours at will. Then after sitting overnight, i can't get the actuator to run. IF i tap on the actuator sometimes it will work for a little while and then quit working after a long drive or sitting overnight.

I have read an article on Yotatech about the magnets in the little black cap coming loose, but it left some details out about what exactly comes out when you pop that cap off.

Please don't tell me that i should have gotten a jshit tc, i know that but this is what i have. So if you have one in your back pocket that you are willing to give give me, then you give as much shit as you want:D

Nothing worse than converting your shit and it don't work. :aahg:

Ok, I am putting out the suggestion box, what ya got??

·
Registered
209 Posts
My only guess would be that if you tap on it and it works sometimes, maybe dirty/worn contacts/brushes in the solenoid motor?? I had a fuel pump in my tahoe that wouldnt work off and on, hitting it worked for awhile then it quit. Pulled it apart, cleaned it and worked til I sold it..

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only guess would be that if you tap on it and it works sometimes, maybe dirty/worn contacts/brushes in the solenoid motor?? I had a fuel pump in my tahoe that wouldnt work off and on, hitting it worked for awhile then it quit. Pulled it apart, cleaned it and worked til I sold it..
That is what I am guessing as well, i just don't now whats going to come out or get displaced when i pop that black cover off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts