TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys should i be worried about this, the oil from teh back was from a recent oil chage but what has me concerned is the leak around the t-case to the tranny
by the way its a manual 04 with about 83,000 miles from commuting traffic... i remember on my buddys truck his rear seal went out but since he bought it at the dealer they fixed it for him

so should i be worried?
how long would you expect it to take to replace if i do it my self? i have the normal hand tools a garage compressor all the neccesary stuff besides experiance working on them.... :confused:

thanks again

oh and a did search around but figured id post it up instead

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Looks like the rear seal on your transmission, as you suspect. Dropping the t-case isn't that big of a deal. With a jack and another pair of hands, it can be done with ease. The job should take approx. 1.5 hours if you take your time.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
You might check your shifter seats? The four bolts that hold the shifter on the tranny backed off on me this summer and leaked oil and it look the same as in your picture as it dripped down from the the sides.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont suspect the shifter b/c theres only fluid leaking out the sides and on the bottom no residue or dirt on top, its basically clean as a wizzle :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts