TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a breather on the transfer case itself or is the breather on top of the transmission for both. I have looked all over the transefer and have yet to locate one. When i checked the transfer level and removed the top plug, you can hear that it was under pressure. Around the front driveshaft where it comes out of the transfer it is wet. 99 3.4 taco.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
tkellam72 said:
Is there a breather on the transfer case itself or is the breather on top of the transmission for both. I have looked all over the transefer and have yet to locate one. When i checked the transfer level and removed the top plug, you can hear that it was under pressure. Around the front driveshaft where it comes out of the transfer it is wet. 99 3.4 taco.
mine does but I understand some don't. The only way I could access the tranny and tcase breathers was to pull the console and remove the shift boot to see the top of each.

'00 excab 2.7 5-sp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Breather

Is the transfer case breather on the same side as the transmission one? My transmission breather is on the drivers side.

·
Registered
530 Posts
hytenor said:
mine does but I understand some don't. The only way I could access the tranny and tcase breathers was to pull the console and remove the shift boot to see the top of each.

'00 excab 2.7 5-sp

Where is the breather on your transfer case?I've got the same set up(00 2.7 5-sp)and i took the console out out and couldn't find it.I've got the same problem the other dude has (wet looking by the front driveshaft and air pressure in the transfer when you take out the filler plug).

i seen 2 breathers on the transmission but none on the transfer.

thanks

Jeff

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
tacoma2k said:
Where is the breather on your transfer case?I've got the same set up(00 2.7 5-sp)and i took the console out out and couldn't find it.I've got the same problem the other dude has (wet looking by the front driveshaft and air pressure in the transfer when you take out the filler plug).

i seen 2 breathers on the transmission but none on the transfer.

thanks

Jeff
the FSM shows a breather hose coming out of the 'Contoro Retainer' that the shifter goes into. Now you got me curious so I'll have to pull the consol/boots and check, LOL Maybe the two breathers I say WERE on the tranny. It would make sense for me to get that wrong since I don't see the need for 2 on the tranny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts