TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture or diagram of select return spring? This is the spring mechanism under the transfercase shifter plate...

I pulled my shifter out today and it wasn't seated right.. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
rig yr and tranny type would help? eample: my 03 Auto is different than a 97 Manual

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dude.. I actually saw that one already. I love having all of those there for reference. My question is does it seat just like it is in the picture? I'm going to drop it straight in just like that and hope for the best... Thanks again for chiming in.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It doesnt really matter. Those things are a real PITA. I say just leave it out. I took mine out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesnt really matter. Those things are a real PITA. I say just leave it out. I took mine out.
What purpose does it serve then? I had the shifter out a few weeks ago when I installed the transmission (broken flexplate). I'm having to do that work over again because my trans is bad... Anyhow, when I pulled the shifter plate up that spring wasn't seated right. If I don't need it then I will leave it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I believe it just keeps tension on the shifter...not sure why though. Ive had mine out for over a year.....street and wheeling and it is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts