TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission has bit the dust. With the noises it's making and the fact that there's fluid leaking out the front of the bell housing I was told the pump probably went bad and now everything else is bad too.

I'm calling around and all these places say per their fitment chart only '01-'02 transmissions will work and a '03-'04 will not. Any reason why?

This is for my '02 Tacoma V6 Auto

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
the 03-04 transmissions don't have a kick down cable like yours currently has. I am running a transmission out of a 99 or 2000 4Runner in my 02 Taco.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the 03-04 transmissions don't have a kick down cable like yours currently has. I am running a transmission out of a 99 or 2000 4Runner in my 02 Taco.
Was the wiring the same on the transmission you have. Because my 99 4Runner transmission does not match his 2002 Tacoma transmission.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Was the wiring the same on the transmission you have. Because my 99 4Runner transmission does not match his 2002 Tacoma transmission.
everything hooked up correctly, I just had to move the park/neutral position switch from the 02 Trans to the 4Runner one as the wiring connectors were different. That was the only change I can remember.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts