TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I recently acquired a 1994 6 cylinder 4wd 4runner. Alas, I have found that the transmission is cracked and I will need to find a replacement. Wondering if any of you have a place to look into finding one, whether it be a used, rebuilt, or otherwise.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

OWR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5speed or automatic? What is cracked? You'll likely have to locate a used part supplier since a cracked housing is junk and has basically no core value.
Automatic, 6 cyl. 4wd. The housing is cracked, so yes, no core value. If I could find a housing only that would be great, but haven’t had any luck with that. So I am looking for any leads to where I could find that, or an entire transmission assembly. Have looked at several used part suppliers, but haven’t found anything that matches. Even considering an aftermarket trans, but again, haven’t been able to find a match. Hoping someone has a lead to somewhere that might have any of the above.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
22,475 Posts
I can find quite a few used complete A340F transmissions. I'm not sure on the cross combability between the years. That becomes the real trick to know what years are compatible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts