TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bent mine pretty bad on the last wheeling trip and was wanting to replace it. I was going to just call around to some local junk yards to see If I could get one there. So my question is while I am looking for one is the crossmember the same on all tacos or do i have to look for just same as my truck(98 excab 2.7 auto) Are they all the same or do I have to just stick with in 98 to 00 autos or does the 5 spd have the same cross member. I guess my question is what ranges do I have to look for to get the same as mine.

This is the cross member that holds up the transmission and t case.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I believe the bigger difference would be between the v6 trannies compared to the 4 cylinder models. but that is mostly in placement. The design is basically the same.

What I did when I bent the hell out of mine was just build a new one. and used the tranny mount from the stock crossmember and bolted it to the one we built. I actually was able to create slightly better ground clearance that way as well as building it stronger than stock.

If you have fabbing ablilty you might want to look into building yourself one! Only took a minimual amount of time. We sued 3x3" square tubing worked pretty good (granted I have a SAS so we had to alot for the front driveshaft) The stock crossmember maybe even easier to build.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thats what I was hoping.

Yea I thought about fabing one up, but don't have a lot of time right now. I was going to just look for one and pending on if I found one or the cost I may still fab one. But just wanted to know my options when i go looking.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You could also go with the setup from FFOR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts