TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just filed a ‘case’ on this one – at my last xmission flush and fill the dealer in CC, NV overfilled my automatic in my ’02 4x4 TRD by at least 2 quarts – way over the top mark on the dipstick. 12,000 miles later I have lost 4th gear and have lots of noise and vibration going on. Beware. I knew something was wrong just from my intuition but could never find it – also had 3 dealers check at oil changes. Also my mileage dropped from 320-360 miles per tankful down to 250-290 immediately after the trans service.

WE WILL SEE what Toy Torrance does on this one. I’ve got all the documentation and just sent it in. these turkeys in CC left my drain plug loose after an oil change when my truck was gnu and I almost lost the engine.

·
Registered
947 Posts
carlosjii said:
I just filed a ‘case’ on this one – at my last xmission flush and fill the dealer in CC, NV overfilled my automatic in my ’02 4x4 TRD by at least 2 quarts – way over the top mark on the dipstick. 12,000 miles later I have lost 4th gear and have lots of noise and vibration going on. Beware. I knew something was wrong just from my intuition but could never find it – also had 3 dealers check at oil changes. Also my mileage dropped from 320-360 miles per tankful down to 250-290 immediately after the trans service.

WE WILL SEE what Toy Torrance does on this one. I’ve got all the documentation and just sent it in. these turkeys in CC left my drain plug loose after an oil change when my truck was gnu and I almost lost the engine.
You went 12K knowing something was not right? Did you not check the level on it? For sure not your mistake.. I do all that stuff myself because of this.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
jhunter said:
You went 12K knowing something was not right? Did you not check the level on it? For sure not your mistake.. I do all that stuff myself because of this.

Yeah I can see a couple hundred miles, but it you actually take notice to things like that you need to talk with them right away. EVEN if they don`t find anything.....you have a WRITTEN attempt to have it fixed....I had my 2.7L exhaust manifold replaced for free @ 98K miles......because I kept the 2 times I took it in and said to look for an exhaust leak :D .

I admit somethings are very difficult to find and often reveal themselves after damage has already occured. Took me 2 years to find out my rear housing was bent, how do you prove a bent housing? In my case, they replaced EVERYTHING but the housing... :mad:

·
Registered
808 Posts
At least if they give you any hassle you are close enough that you can push it over to western and 23rd and make a scene.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts