TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went Weelin and got in a tight spot and had to gun out out in reverse but when i put it in gear it wouldn't drive it went in and out of gear weather the clutch was pressed or not my first thought was i fried the clutch but there was no stink so i checked the slave all good so i shifted the transfer case to 2wd the truck would then go into gear but when i shifted back to 4wd it wouldn't go into gear so i limped it out and got back to the road it seemed to work fine in all gears but when the engine is off it shifts freely through all gears in 4wd with the clutch not pressed where as when in 2wd it does not anybody have any problems with this?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Try putting it in and out of gear with the engine running and no clutch? You should hear some amount of the drivetrain engaging if the clutch is operating normally. However, my guess is an exploded clutch disc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems to be working now the only thing i can think is the transfer case got slammed into natural and got stuck but i will find out this weekend i'm going wheelin so hopefully no problems

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I know what would help.
Punctuation.
I'm sure most people are like me and couldn't even get through the first line of your post to be able to help you figure out your problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and judging by how long you've been a part of the forum and the number of post you made i don't think you would be much help any way

·
Registered
311 Posts
You check condition of gear oil in transmission and transfer case, or ever did change it out?:2cents:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm going to drain it and see if there's any sign but it seems to be working i took it through some rock gardens and did fine... but got some extra doe so I'll change the oils in the drive train hopefully i don't find any metal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts