TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,583 Posts
Looks like somebody converted that to spring under. It has aftermarket brackets and pirches attached. Ratio is likely 4.10

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
New to theTacoma thing,, can you expalin the benefit, and if a guy used it what would be the leafs/combination that would give it the correct ride height with approximately a 3 inch lift that sith a 3 inch in the front

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,583 Posts
The standard stock Tacoma rear axles are spring over where the leaf springs mount on top of the axle. That axle has the original pirches still installed, but has additional spring under pirches and what looks to be shock mount tabs. All can be cut off if you don't need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I think I am following, I am pretty mechanical, but please confirm, those small pads on top of the rearend are original location and stock configuration? Those just look like some kind of bump stop pad welded on to me?

And if that is a stock pad on top, can I use stock leaf springs, or the ubolts will interfer unless I cut the bottom perches off,, am I correct?

THEN, the other option is this:

If I use the bottom perches to go spring under,, I would get more travel better ride/handling,etc etc, right?, but what length leafs would be used in this scenario? Additionally, the guy that sold me the truck did give me some pretty substantial rear hangers that are about 12" long really beffy,,, I have seen those type of hangers used with spring under where the hangers mount and pivot on top of the frame and swing front to back giving clearance with the frame running through the hangers. Is that a good option?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,583 Posts
You are right. I looked at the pictures closer and those aren't spring pirches on top. Definitely look like bump pads. Spring under is good for travel, but will limit ground clearance and limit your articulation a little.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HHHMMMMMMn,, What length leafs would I buy to make this work right if I went spring under,,, length and pecs, style /load etc etc?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,583 Posts
No idea. Spring under configurations is not my area of expertise. I know Deaver and a few other companies makes springs for that application, but other than that, I've got no knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts