TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i know the TRD Billys aren't as "good" as the HD aftermarket Billy's but just how "bad" are they/can they be? now please note this question is coming from someone that has been riding around on the stock crappy and blown tokico struts. Found some low mileage TRD Bilsteins for real cheap and am contemplating it. My main complaint on the crappy ones i have now is the "top-out" issue im having when front suspension droops or drops to fast and the resulting jolt :eek: im thinking that any decent struts will help aleve this by "slowing" down and controlling the droop.

also, are the bushings and hardware for the TRD bilsteins and the tokico's the same? im sure they are but just wanna make sure because the set i found are missing the bushings and mounting hardware. oh and one is missing the dust boot/sleeve(no biggie).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and as much as i know everyone hates the RS5000's(rs5761), how would you compare them to the TRD billy's? im thinking TRD-Bil's = "too soft"
Rancho's = " too stiff" is that the general consensus?

and anyone have experience with the KYB Monomax struts or the Nitro struts sold by Tuff(or is it Rough) Country?

i just need something that will "control" the front end better, im not in the market to make my TRUCK ride smoother.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not really what you wanted to know but I'll give you my impressions on my HD's compared to the Tokicos. Right after I switched them out they were real stiff. After I put about a coulpe of hundred miles on them with a few trips offroad, they smoothed WAY out. These things are so soft on road it's not funny. I think they are softer than the stockers. The real good news is how they handle offroad. As the suspension flexes more, they get stiffer. The truck doesn't bottom out on pot holes like it did with the Tokicos. They also help with the high speed stuff. I really can't say enough good stuff about them. Which leads me to my question...how much can you get the TRD Bils for? I paid $300 for my HD's shipped!!! Just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
4x4Dragon said:
oh, and as much as i know everyone hates the RS5000's(rs5761), how would you compare them to the TRD billy's? im thinking TRD-Bil's = "too soft"
Rancho's = " too stiff" is that the general consensus?

and anyone have experience with the KYB Monomax struts or the Nitro struts sold by Tuff(or is it Rough) Country?

i just need something that will "control" the front end better, im not in the market to make my TRUCK ride smoother.
i rode a tacoma with 3" cornfed spacers and 2" shackles with rancho rs5000's in the rear...it wasn't bad at all on the rode...but i can't say anything about off-road...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
04RedLobster said:
i rode a tacoma with 3" cornfed spacers and 2" shackles with rancho rs5000's in the rear...it wasn't bad at all on the rode...but i can't say anything about off-road...

yeah, i've got ranchos' on the back right now and it doesn't bother me at all. im thinking it might actually improve to when i get my cornfed shackles.

but im talking about and needing the front struts........ :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7wt said:
Not really what you wanted to know but I'll give you my impressions on my HD's compared to the Tokicos. Right after I switched them out they were real stiff. After I put about a coulpe of hundred miles on them with a few trips offroad, they smoothed WAY out. These things are so soft on road it's not funny. I think they are softer than the stockers. The real good news is how they handle offroad. As the suspension flexes more, they get stiffer. The truck doesn't bottom out on pot holes like it did with the Tokicos. They also help with the high speed stuff. I really can't say enough good stuff about them. Which leads me to my question...how much can you get the TRD Bils for? I paid $300 for my HD's shipped!!! Just something to think about.

well im looking at a set of the TRD bilsteins that are currently at $25 + actual shipping. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts