TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any way to bypass the electronic system that allows the rear locker to only engage when the trans case in in 4-low. I have a 2001 Ext-Cab TRD and would like to be able to use my factory locker whenever I want to.(4x high, 4x low, and maybe even 2wd). Thanks, Merry Christmas everyone!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
This is actually pretty simple and should probably be in the cheap tricks section under grey wire mod.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The "locker mod" or "Grey wire mod". Take off the drivers side kick panel, find the locker computer inside the kick panel, find the grey wire going into the computer and clip it about 2"s add a section of wire and a connector to it, connect the connector to a good ground point. Cap off or tape the wire from the harness. The "North west" board has good directions to do the mod.
I'm sure someone else will jump in with a link and pics.
Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I got the Instructions. I'll give it a try!

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
its a very simple mod and well worth it...took me all of 20 mins and it's very usefull

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
while we're on the subject, is it possible to do the grey wire mod on an auto without messing up the shift points? my buddy wanted to do it to his but didnt want the shift points to be messed up

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
while we're on the subject, is it possible to do the grey wire mod on an auto without messing up the shift points? my buddy wanted to do it to his but didnt want the shift points to be messed up
The "locker mod" or "gray wire mod" has no effect on shift points. Mine is an automatic.

BTW, the locker mod IS in the cheap tricks. It's the first thread that came up for me when I used the search feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts