TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here bought/driven a TRD FJC yet? Just wanted to hear some opinions about it. I like the all black paint job, and the dark wheels, but does the "TRD" badging give it anything extra that you can't get on a regular FJ?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Anyone here bought/driven a TRD FJC yet? Just wanted to hear some opinions about it. I like the all black paint job, and the dark wheels, but does the "TRD" badging give it anything extra that you can't get on a regular FJ?
yea those stickers give it 55 more hp

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Yeah, the badging... and the black roof to keep you extra warm in the summer :D

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The struts and rear shocks are different.. not sure how.. but they are BLING!!!

When it came out it allowed you to use A-TRAC and the locker, but all post NOV 06 FJ's can do that now...

Oh yeah it has the TRD exhaust, but I dont think the CAI.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Its a waste of money.

Buy a regular FJ and do the few mods that the TRD has yourself, and save a chunk of change.

Wheels are different, exhaust, shocks, paint, the locker mod, and a few other things.

Certainly not worth the extra $7-8k for all black paint. I prefer the white roof anyways.

Its your money though, do with it as you please.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It is not that different than the regular ones, but the all-black theme is cool. The price isn't much of a factor considering that all the FJ's we've been getting at my dealership for the last 6 months are around the same price. I think we have one under $30k, and the TRD FJ is like $33k. Our most expensive is about $34k. The $2,000 price difference from most of our FJ's is reasonable when you consider that you get all the same options stuff plus the rock rails, gunmetal wheels with BFG's, and all-black paint. Unless you're looking for a cheap one and are able to find one, the main difference is the color.
We just sold my dream FJ last weekend. It was a 6-spd and the price was $26,600, but we got it in the beginning of last July. There's nothing under $28k within 500 miles of our dealership now. Even so, everything in 6-spd that I can find is over $30k.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The black on black would keep me from doing it. I have owned 3 black rigs, and thats 3 too many :D

Since the locker mod is available on all FJ's now the TRD looses it appeal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the extra premium for the TRD badging and black roof is a little steep. I am not sold on the FJC, but I do think they look pretty good...and I know that "TRD badging" is just stickers and whatnot, but thanks to all who gave constructive answers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive got a black one with a white roof, i wasn't impressed by the TRD version to pay for the extra paint - besides i prefer to do my own mods on the cars I own to make it mor emine and not a dealership option

·
Registered
21 Posts
Despite "not the biggies",
It will be a collectible in 20 years.;)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I doubt it will be collector, seeing as how its not a limited production vechical. However it could end up that way if sales on it tank and the TRD version is droped, or they will only offer the locker or locker + A-trac on the TRD FJ. Just my:2cents:

·
Registered
4 Posts
:D I'm new here but I'm on FJcruiserforums.com and I own the much talked about TRD-SE 6-MT while not hugely different from the everyday FJ it does have the suspension, exhust, the atrac hack, rims & 32" tires all options except the sub (that isn't that great anyway). I tossed in the: aFe CAI, BUD built skids, and KING coil overs up front and KING shocks with Donahoe's rear springs out back, I couldn't be happier with the outcome, but that's the way I went to each their own

·
Registered
3 Posts
Burritos Daddy- since you asked if anyone here has driven a TuRD, I can say yeah. I have for the last 8,000 miles. The upgrades are worth it if that's the direction you want to have your rig. The theme is cool, if you are in to that. I walked out the door with mine for just under 30k. Close to what many are paying for theirs with options. You have to think about what you want to do with your rig in the end, before you buy it. Especially since some factory option packages can be as much as $4k, which could be a really nice suspension + extras. But it's your $$$

1 - 15 of 15 Posts