TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bought some used TRD header (V-6) last year, and it's time to put them on my truck. I need a manifold gasket. I have read some complaints about leaking gaskets. Should I use the stock gasket?

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gadget said:
OK, sounds interesting. Do you have some explosives? It is not an easy job at all, but I can certainly supervise and drink beer.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com

It's going to happen in January. I can fill my garage fridge with beer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ted said:
I got bought some used TRD header (V-6) last year, and it's time to put them on my truck. I need a manifold gasket. I have read some complaints about leaking gaskets. Should I use the stock gasket?
A lot of people forget to retorque their header bolts after the engine has been warmed up, and cooled back down. You may have to retighten them after several engine warm ups/cool downs. The header gaskets expand and contract with the engine temps. That is the #1 cause of header leaks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
if i used a non stock gasket on my header for my 4cyl it would always leak..

Austin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts