TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have stock TRD suspension and I wanted to konow if there is any way to stiffen up the stock suspension? For example could I run a tundra V6 coil on a TRD bilstein shock (from a tacoma). Also, I have a question about the overload spring in the leaf pack. Could I remove the spring and replace it with 2 leafs from another pack and keep it at almost stock height. Just trying to think of ways to make my suspension beter FOR REALLY CHEAP (less than $150) before i go on a trip to glamis.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I personally wouldn't bother messing with the stock suspension.
If you want to do this so you can jump your truck, don't do it. The stock suspension (even modified) is not equipped to handle jumping or hard whoops. Even to do small jumps (0-2ft) I strongly recommend quality coilovers such as kings, donahoes, etc. I did a 6ft high jump on stock trd suspension with a revtech spacer kit. It was not even close to a soft or cushy landing. I now leave that to the longtravel guys. With the kings, I can land a 3ft jump fairly soft. You can still have lots of fun with the stock suspension, but if you wanna play hard you have to spend the $$$ to do it.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
i jumped mine out a pismo with the stock suspension...as long as you dont go crazy you're fine

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I have stock TRD suspension and I wanted to konow if there is any way to stiffen up the stock suspension? For example could I run a tundra V6 coil on a TRD bilstein shock (from a tacoma). Also, I have a question about the overload spring in the leaf pack. Could I remove the spring and replace it with 2 leafs from another pack and keep it at almost stock height. Just trying to think of ways to make my suspension beter FOR REALLY CHEAP (less than $150) before i go on a trip to glamis.
this is a trick question.for less than $150, the answer is no.
now spend $1150,the answer is maybe.:lmao:

·
Registered
223 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
i jumped mine out a pismo with the stock suspension...as long as you dont go crazy you're fine
For how long? There are a lot of guys here that have caused much damage from jumping (even not going crazy). The stock suspension is not designed for the abuse of jumping or hard whoops and will take its toll on the truck by doing so. I am not saying you can't jump with a stock truck, but don't complain when the body sags, the mounts punch through, or the frame bends or fatigues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts