TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a TRD limited slip a while backand have not gotten around to installing it. The more I read this board I wonder if I made the wrong choice. Maybe I should have gotten the no-slip. Maybe you guys can help me out.

My truck is a my daily driver, so I primaily drive on the street. I do not do a lot of off-roading. But I do like to go offroading, just can not seem to find enough time in the day to get everything done. I am also a hunter and like to get back in the woods.

So should I sell the limited slip and get a no-slip?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
HeloDude said:
COLOR=Red]My truck is a my daily driver, so I primaily drive on the street. [I do not do a lot of off-roading.[/COLOR] But I do like to go offroading, just can not seem to find enough time in the day to get everything done. I am also a hunter and like to get back in the woods.
First off - If you use the truck to hunt and to get around in the woods...
You should be fine with 4wd open diffs - Have you ever been stuck(w/ 4wd) and been in the situation that you needed a traction aiding device? Make sure you have a good set of tires first !

If you don't do alot of offroading.....you will get more out of the LSD. plain & simple. And an LSD is better than rear open diff. But if you plan on really "wheeling" then you may get into situations where the lsd will be ineffective.

My bro & I both have 4wd Tacomas.
He has an LSD while I have an ARB locker.
Both our trucks are daily drivers and as daily drivers
my bro will get more use out of his LSD than I will from my ARB.
- However, I will have and edge with my locker when on the trails.

Honestly - Sounds like you'll be fine with the LSD.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It sounds to me like the TRD limited-slip would be great for your needs.

HeloDude said:
I bought a TRD limited slip a while backand have not gotten around to installing it. The more I read this board I wonder if I made the wrong choice. Maybe I should have gotten the no-slip. Maybe you guys can help me out.

My truck is a my daily driver, so I primaily drive on the street. I do not do a lot of off-roading. But I do like to go offroading, just can not seem to find enough time in the day to get everything done. I am also a hunter and like to get back in the woods.

So should I sell the limited slip and get a no-slip?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts