TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've have a 2000 tacoma, I have owned it since last october of last year, and I've been trying to get my locker to work, so I took the motor off and i couldnt even get the motor to turn. I finally got the motor to turn, but it still doesnt work. where I can I get a new one? of is there a way to fix the one I have now?

·
Registered
174 Posts
is it plug to the truck when u activate it and your truck has to be in 4 lo for it to work unless u have the grey wire mod

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
I've have a 2000 tacoma, I have owned it since last october of last year, and I've been trying to get my locker to work, so I took the motor off and i couldnt even get the motor to turn. I finally got the motor to turn, but it still doesnt work. where I can I get a new one? of is there a way to fix the one I have now?
Here's an article that might help from our FAQ

http://www.ttora.com/wiki/index.php/Actuator_Rebuild

--Scott

·
Registered
80 Posts
How did you get the motor to turn?

I had to tear mine apart because it was siezed. Inside I found it was full of water and had a bunch of corrosion. I was able to clean it out and get it going again, but I plan on staying away from deep water from now on.

If you have the motor (called an actuator) off the truck, I would advise taking it apart and cleaning out the inside to make sure you dont have any water or corrosion on the interior. After that give it a good paint job inside and out (taping up electrical contacts first). Seal it back up with some RTV and you should be good.

New ones cost about $750 from toyota. I found a couple of scrap yards that sell them for around $450 (most scrap yards wont sell just the actuator because it makes the third member they come out of worthless, you have to get lucky and find a yard that has a third member with trashed gears). They are not a cheap part. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a whole third member on ebay for around $450 so you get and extra set of gears along with your actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts