TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to trade my electronically locking diff for a limited slip type axle. It's off a 99 V6 Prerunner. The vehicle has 100k on it, but of course the axle is in fine shape. Lube changed twice so far (I work for a lube additive company). I simply prefer the ltd slip type traction over the locked version. I live in the Cleveland OH area. PM if interested to work out the swap.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i-Zapp said:
I am looking to trade my electronically locking diff for a limited slip type axle. It's off a 99 V6 Prerunner. The vehicle has 100k on it, but of course the axle is in fine shape. Lube changed twice so far (I work for a lube additive company). I simply prefer the ltd slip type traction over the locked version. I live in the Cleveland OH area. PM if interested to work out the swap.

What gears does it have..........If they are 4.10's i will trade you even up for my non TRD axle........it is open but you can add a limited slip pretty easy.

If you are interested let me Know and we can work something out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey, I've got an 01 4Runner with the open rear as well, 4.10's, put me in line for a possible swap. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yep, but just thought I'd post anyway!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how can i tell what the ratio is?

i am not interested in an open diff. if you got something to trade that's limited slip, i'm interested. why? cause in snow the locker is actually worse than an open diff. that's my opinion, and you're entitled to your own (which i'm sure i'll hear about).

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
you can look at the door codes to figure ot the gear ratios.

there was never a factory limited slip offered that I am aware of so open may be the best you will find.

I would be willing to kick in a little cash to help offset what it is gonna cost you to get the limited and have it installed.

like I said i am willing to negotiate just let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.