TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any thoughts on the TRD LSD from some of you tht may have it? is it worth it? advantages/disadvantages etc...

thanks-Zeek

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
zeek1974 said:
any thoughts on the TRD LSD from some of you tht may have it? is it worth it? advantages/disadvantages etc...

thanks-Zeek
Depends on your use, but Overall, YES its worth it
especially for $200 (or less - $150 in the classifieds)

For more info try to search LSD-
I have posted plenty of info in the past couple of months
so I am not gonna retype what's already been said

·
Registered
19 Posts
zeek1974 said:

thanks-Zeek
if ur gonna wheel with the truck, get a locker. I have the TRD LSD, and it's nice on the street, but only just OK on the trail. A locker would be much better.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The TRD electric locker is probably one of the most respected manual lockers available today. People will give their left *whatever* for a TRD electric locker.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yeah, but they have to swap out their entire axle to do it... you can't retrofit a TRD locker into a Taco axle. Ends up being cheaper to buy anything but...

·
Registered
612 Posts
mudferret said:
Yeah, but they have to swap out their entire axle to do it... you can't retrofit a TRD locker into a Taco axle. Ends up being cheaper to buy anything but...
I think I saw a personal web site some time ago where a guy actually modified his stock housing to accept it. It looked like a real pain in the ass but it worked. But yea, normally you'd have to swap the axle and kick yourself hard for not talking the $150 option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts