TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 90k on my factory brakes and it's time for a replacement. I'm going to keep the factory rotors. They still look perfect and don't really need to be turned. I'm turning them anyway to get a fresh surface. I was going to get OE pads again but was looking for an upgrade. The truck is stock but I have a work cap and tools on it, so it's always loaded down. I didn't know if TRD pads would be an upgrade or not. I hear a lot about Brembo rotors and Hawk pads and that seems to be the way to go. What if I'm sticking swith the stock rotors. Would the Hawk pads be a good fit or will they just chew the rotors to pieces?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I would stick with the OE. You got 90K out of them, what's wrong with that? Good idea to turn the rotors. When was the last time you changed your fluid? New pads, turned rotors and new fluid = new system?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing's wrong with 90k. I'm pretty impressed. I was hoping to find something that would stop a tad better. I don't mind if I have to to the next brake job in 50k. I just didn't want to spend a ton of money upgrading everything, just wanted to upgrade the pads, if that was possible.

I am planning on turing the rotors and changing the fluid. last time it was done was about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. I put on bigger tires recently so my stopping power has been reduced, obviously.

Options:

1. Brembo rotors and Hawk pads
2. Stock rotors and Hawk pads
3. Stock everything

Opinions?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i found that what stops my truck the best is oe pads and a slotted rotor

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't buy them, the trd pad's smoked my oem rotors. After 25k I bought new brembo oem rotors and oem pad's and the combo stops much better than the trd's ever did.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i like the OEM ones. just bought the TRD ones, they're fine, but next set will be OEM ones i think.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone running hawks on stock rotors? My rotors are still in perfect shape. I'd hate to just ditch them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts