TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the TRD performance clutch kit on their Tacoma? Mine tends to shake/stutter my truck when I downshift. Is this normal? I want to make sure the dealer installed it correctly.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
did you have your flywheel turned when you had it installed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't have my flywheel turned when I installed my ACT Racing Stage 2 Clutch, and I have a little shake when I downshift. I've had the clutch in for about 6 months and have had no problems.. the flywheel seems like your problem though...

·
Registered
47 Posts
my clutch is slipping. where did you all find clutch kits for tacos and about how much were they?

·
Registered
401 Posts
my clutch is slipping. where did you all find clutch kits for tacos and about how much were they?
you can buy the whole kit, throw out bearing, pressure plate, and clutch from basically any autoparts store for around 270ish. The dealer, or atleast the ones around here doesn't have a whole kit, so you will need to get these parts from them separately. O yeah, you'll need to have your flywheel recovered, which I can't remember how much that runs, but i'm thinking its not over 50 bucks around here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys won't believe this, the tech apparently installed something wrong I guess. I just took it in because of a loud whirring noise I have been hearing. I took it back 1 month ago and they just lubed it. The noise came back and I told them I was pissed. They said the throw out bearing is bad... (I did not know that was part of the TRD Clutch Kit...) They are covering all this under warranty. I am thinking he must have not installed it right or the part was just bad... I also mentioned the vibration when downshifting... I will tell him about the flywheel. It sucks when you pay loads of money and the job doesn't get done right...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts