TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my truck for a little over two months. I was doing some moderate off-roading yesterday and I went to engage my rear diff lock for the first time and it didn't seem to work. Will it only work when 4WD is engaged? Should the "RR" lights blink on/off in the dash? Has anyone ever had a problem with their TRD diff lock?

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Portman said:
Have had my truck for a little over two months. I was doing some moderate off-roading yesterday and I went to engage my rear diff lock for the first time and it didn't seem to work. Will it only work when 4WD is engaged? Should the "RR" lights blink on/off in the dash? Has anyone ever had a problem with their TRD diff lock?
As it comes from the factory, it will only engage in 4-Lo, and only below 10-15 mph. You can do the grey-wire mod, which will allow to engage it whether in 2WD, 4-Hi, or 4-Lo, and have it stay engaged at any speed.

When the locker is engaged, the "RR" lifts will stay lit, rather than blinking.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot man . . . thought I had a defect or something. Is the grey wire mod expensive, worth it, or does it damage anything over time?

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Portman said:
Thanks a lot man . . . thought I had a defect or something. Is the grey wire mod expensive, worth it, or does it damage anything over time?
Read the link I posted above! Unless you don't have the tools necessary, it shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks. All you need to buy is a short wire to use as a ground, with connectors on each end. A car audio shop may even give you those things.

Yes, the mod is worth it. No, it doesn't damage anything over time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again . . . people on this web site are awesome!! Have learned a lot here!

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
synovus said:
Is it from a stop? Or from under 5 mph?
I have engaged my locker while moving,... yes a slower speeds, but it is like a gear where there has to be a little give on either one of the tires so it could slip in. Kind of like wiggleing the tires per say before it fully engages and stays there. So what I do is steer the truck a little to one side so the tires rotate at slightly different speeds to get it to lock.
It will eventally go in even of you don't steer it to a side, it just takes a little longer.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
playaz0429 said:
you still have to engage the locker from a stop, dont forget.
well, that sucks. I can engage my ARB whenever I want ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts