TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on install a trd rear end in my non trd tacoma. I have a couple of questions. How difficult is the install? Basically what needs to be done to a non trd truck to get the trd locker to work, like what parts do I need ect. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Justin

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
its cake

you need the entire trd axel, drum to drum(to make it easy)

swap the axel(consists of droping driveshft, un hooking brakes/e-brake, undooing u-bolts)

then wire it up (do a search for the diagrams)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok guys thanks....

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Check out a recent post, today, in the sponsor section. Champion Toyota is thinking about selling complete brand spanking new e locker rear axles, drum to drum for $900 shipped to your door. That's a really good deal.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
The swap was very straight forward when I did mine. I used Dicks write up in the Tech/FAQ section and so far it's worked very well.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Check out a recent post, today, in the sponsor section. Champion Toyota is thinking about selling complete brand spanking new e locker rear axles, drum to drum for $900 shipped to your door. That's a really good deal.
Thats so damn cool! I was thinking about going salvage but for that price shipped! humm, maybe I can get them to stick a 4runner 3rd w/4.56 and e-locker into a TRD Taco housing.:)

andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts