1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Actually they never did. Eaton makes the basic blower and Magnuson made the rest of the kit to TRD specs. A lot of it against Magnuson's advice I might add. Neither TRD or Toyota made shift knobs, radiator caps or any of that other shit either. They just had their labels stuck on and charged a shit ton of money for it. All marketing and nothing more.

I got email from LCE Performance. Toyota no longer be making TRD Superchargers. Apparently something to do with flex fuel.:( http://www.lcengineering.com/LCNewsletter/2015/JUNE/byebye_TRDSC.html

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually they never did. Eaton makes the basic blower and Magnuson made the rest of the kit to TRD specs. A lot of it against Magnuson's advice I might add. Neither TRD or Toyota made shift knobs, radiator caps or any of that other shit either. They just had their labels stuck on and charged a shit ton of money for it. All marketing and nothing more.
Companies like Magnuson, EATON can continue to make superchargers for Toyota 3.4 and other Toyota engines for little cheaper. Then everbody happy.:D

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
So would a little more complete.
I just watched a program on TV where they installed an SC kit using an Eaton blower on a Mustang 3.0. It included a liquid cooled intercooler, cooler plugs and larger injectors running 10 lbs of boost on pump gas. The way TRD should have done it for the money they charged for it. Instead the cheap ass MBA screws cost me a set of heads along with my respect and trust for life.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In case nobody knows, LCE Performance selling superchargers for Toyota 3.4 V6 engine again. Apparently Magnuson bought out the TRD Superchargers designs from Toyota, going get same internal chit as TRD version, but will not have TRD stamped on housing.:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
808 Posts
Pretty much true of most of the truck. Toyota has become an assembler of parts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pretty much true of most of the truck. Toyota has become an assembler of parts.
Toyota "outsourcing" too much of it's shit! Probraly because of all union shit driving up cost of labor in U.S.A. Shitty quality control. Had crap about Toyota 3.4 V6 engines made in Mexico, idiots down there never torque down con rod bearing cap bolts. After few thousand or whatever miles, BAM! Shit lets loose. Fawking hole in side of block! But if your truck makes it to 90,000 or less mile, you are safe.:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
In case nobody knows, LCE Performance selling superchargers for Toyota 3.4 V6 engine again. Apparently Magnuson bought out the TRD Superchargers designs from Toyota, going get same internal chit as TRD version, but will not have TRD stamped on housing.:D
Saw that^

Was just on LCE. I wonder why Magnuson only bought the 3.4 design. Why not the 4.0 or 5.7 supercharger designs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts