TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to lift my 1999 xCab TRD about 2" or 2.5" but want to keep the same TRD ride. I know spacers stiffen things up a bit, but am wondering if there is anyone out there who has put 2" or 2.5" spacers on their TRD and what they thought of the ride after. Also, after everything settles with 2" spacers, would there be enough room for some 32x11.5x15? One more thing, for anyone who has done this, what did you do in the rear to lift? Do spacers and shackle lifts hold up over time if you beat on them? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
for the front, i'm at 2.5" and still rub 32's off road. if you're gonna beat on your truck, stay away from blocks for the rear...i've seen them explode and it's not pretty. i have shackles in the rear with no complaints

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Portman said:
Wanting to lift my 1999 xCab TRD about 2" or 2.5" but want to keep the same TRD ride. I know spacers stiffen things up a bit, but am wondering if there is anyone out there who has put 2" or 2.5" spacers on their TRD and what they thought of the ride after. Also, after everything settles with 2" spacers, would there be enough room for some 32x11.5x15? One more thing, for anyone who has done this, what did you do in the rear to lift? Do spacers and shackle lifts hold up over time if you beat on them? Thanks a lot.
I did 1.5" rancho springs and 1" spacer on my 99 TRD Xcab to try and keep the factory like ride, it's worked good so far. Originally I had 2" spacer on the TRD coils, it rode hard and beat the coils down 3"s within 8 months.

AAL's or shackles are best for the back (unless you can afford a new leaf pack from Alcan), if you've still got the factory rear springs I'd recommend AAL's, your factory springs are probably sagging or "S" shaped and a shackle will only agravate this problem more.

Tim

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hows the ride

What did you use to lift the front? How often do your tires rub off roading? And what did you get for springs in the rear after you put the shackles on?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
the shackles are used with the stock leaf springs...you just get longer shocks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts