TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Tacoma and I'm interested in adding a cold air intake. I'd like to hear some pros and cons before I make the purchase, if anyone has some information that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
The URD while nice is not geared towards offroading. Street use is its goal. The TRD can be considered offroad. I wouldnt get this thinking you will wake up your truck. Only with exhaust, headers, cold air, chip will you really wake up your truck. Or $5000 or so for a supercharger.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Cai

i also have a 2006 tacoma and am running the AFE stage II CAI. you can get an oil free filter also which keeps the factory warranty from becoming a problem (i belive). It went in easily/perfectly with NO problems and performs well. Volant also makes a similar one. get one with the filter enclosed so as not to draw in hot air from the engine compartment. Search AFE cold air intake on this site...there's a good write up by a fellow member!!

·
Registered
5,321 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
i have a k&n cai and i love it have the 77 series i need to get a filter wrab to keep mud off but i love it major difference in sound. 3 inch tuf country lift with 305 70 16 toyo mt's on 16x8 allied wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts