TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for just a yes or no answer...

I checked the website but it didnt show if you guys sold Optima Batteries...

Does anyone know if they sell them? If Yes, I can get with Barb and work out the details...

Thanks,

·
Registered
17 Posts
sorry to jack your thread skitz but...

Hey Chris, I was referred to you to get parts for my front end. The dealer quoted me:
2004 4x4 excab
valence part # ?: $132.30
frame brace part #52131A: $141.32
frame brace part # 51021B: $70.71

Could you get me a quote for those parts? with shipping to 72120?

Thanks
bryan

·
Registered
436 Posts
while we are on the subject of batteries, what would be the best one for winching with my 8000lb warn? it seems to stall out pretty easy and my battery light flashes. i know it could be the winch is weak too, anyone know what i could check to make winching moore efficient? thanks

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
while we are on the subject of batteries, what would be the best one for winching with my 8000lb warn? it seems to stall out pretty easy and my battery light flashes. i know it could be the winch is weak too, anyone know what i could check to make winching moore efficient? thanks
one of the 4x4 mags has an article about winches, sorry don't recall which one. are you running the engine while winching??? I'd suggest the Optima deepcycle battery, or another gel type battery. article also said that CCA and reserve rating the higher the better. and recheck all your electral connections.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
LunarTaco said:
care to share where you got a $165 yellow for $99?
A place called Battery Systems in Modesto. Nice guys. They quoted me that price for a Yellow Top over the phone. I walked in to pick it up, and they tried giving me a Red Top. I told them they quoted it for a Yellow Top. They had one sitting around for a couple of weeks that was a special order that didn't get picked up, so they gave it to me for the quoted price.

·
Registered
436 Posts
grumpy said:
one of the 4x4 mags has an article about winches, sorry don't recall which one. are you running the engine while winching??? I'd suggest the Optima deepcycle battery, or another gel type battery. article also said that CCA and reserve rating the higher the better. and recheck all your electral connections.
yea i run the engine while winching, as well as turn everything off... ie. radio lights cb... i was thinkin bout the optima, but i dont know exactly which color or model # would be best for me. and i think my current battery has 750 CCA. i got the biggest one i could find at the time. and ive checked the connections a couple times... where should i have the ground wire hooked up? i have it on the battery, it seemed to work better than grounding it on the truck.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
yea i run the engine while winching, as well as turn everything off... ie. radio lights cb... i was thinkin bout the optima, but i dont know exactly which color or model # would be best for me. and i think my current battery has 750 CCA. i got the biggest one i could find at the time. and ive checked the connections a couple times... where should i have the ground wire hooked up? i have it on the battery, it seemed to work better than grounding it on the truck.
not sure which model you need either. I think the yellow top is the deep cycle one. ground to battery is the best as well as the hot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts