TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took the intake manifold off today and i was wondering if there was an easier way to completly remove the gasket off the head. maybe spraying some brake cleaner on the gasket?? of course im using a razer blade but i just didnt know if there was somthing that would make this easier

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i appreciate the website. i tried a few autopart stores and couldnt find none. ill go to ace now and get some. i figured there was some kind of gasket remover i just didnt know where to find it. ill get some of that and let yall know how it works. how long do you let it sit.

·
Registered
481 Posts
a wire wheel works wonders for things like oil pan gaskets, for aluminum though . . . . scotch brite pad and a 90* die grinder

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a wire wheel works wonders for things like oil pan gaskets, for aluminum though . . . . scotch brite pad and a 90* die grinder
yep x2 on the scotch brite pad, i went over to the automotive department at school and one of the guys gave me this. the scotch brite pad. this will be perfect!

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,206 Posts
Remember to clean with contact cleaner after and sandpaper. Just using that by itself will leave a film ;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yep x2 on the scotch brite pad, i went over to the automotive department at school and one of the guys gave me this. the scotch brite pad. this will be perfect!
Nice find, I could use one of those come summer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember to clean with contact cleaner after and sandpaper. Just using that by itself will leave a film ;)
thanks for the heads up. i cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and then some fine sand paper.

another question. when putting the new gasket back on, could i use gasket maker on top of the felt gasket around the coolant holes and the intake holes?

·
Registered
113 Posts
another question. when putting the new gasket back on, could i use gasket maker on top of the felt gasket around the coolant holes and the intake holes?
I usually do, just makes better sealing, only thing I do in that case is give it a few hours or overnight to cure, as opposed to slammin' in a gasket and filling everything back up. Everyone has their own preference though I think when it comes to things like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts