46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there still access down in the river bottoms, I wondered if there was still
trails down along the levey.
tia -tmoore

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
I dont know about the area you speak of, but with the passage of the new laws last year you cannot drive in a navigable waterway.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Spacecwboy said:
I dont know about the area you speak of, but with the passage of the new laws last year you cannot drive in a navigable waterway.
yuppers...unless you have rights from the owner of that navigatable water way. Which for that area I think no one will. There is a trinity river area south of DFW (dont think planohog is talking about this) but thats restricted as well, with no tress signs.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 360 area.. which is unaffected by the "wheelin' in water" law, but is still illegal as it has been for the past 10 years.

Enforcement is aggressive, so you're on your own.

Good luck if you go, just please don't post about it should you choose to trespass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:dunno: I once worked in dallas mockingbird and I35E, 2nd shift we would
take off and run to the levey that ran under 35 just north of mockingbird. I dont recall how we got down there but it was pretty simple. ( 1979-1980 ) ,
Also near downtown it was easy by the trinity but you really had to watch
it, there was quicksand in some places. Normally this would happend after many
brews , late at night. I do recall that it was easy to get "air" on the trails
that were at bottom and ran parallell to the levey. I seem to run into this theme
over and over again, things I enjoyed as a freedom then is long gone now.
There were lots of people that fished down there, I guess that is out too. ]

thanks for the 27 year update. :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Must be 360/Mosier Valley.

There still acess. in fact its attracts a lot of people on good days. Ive only been told once to not wheel out there. but they said i could still go?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Chinasgotrice
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing