TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang. What a great trip. While we missed out on the main attractions on fish creek wash. I was pleasantly surprised with the new run. Weather was high 80s during the day, low 50s overnight with very little wind friday night. Saturday night had a little wind but nothing too crazy.

Blair Valley was a great intro to the trip a chill easy trip trough a beautiful valley with a dry lake bed and a handful of historical sites of the people that came before us.

Oriflamme Canyon was a great run that had multiple choose your own adventure sections and was more difficult than I read about. Locker definitely recommended on the harder lines. Most of the difficult sections could be bypassed.

Grapevine Canyon Road was a fun sandy wash drive with a little drifting in spots if you choose to do so.

Jasper trail was also on the easier side of things with a great in-and-out offshoot to a peak with a great 360 views of the area.

The original camp area was a bust, after the one campsite was already taken and the other were too small for the 6 of us. Ryan came in clutch with this recommendation and we ended up at Old Valley Culp Primitive campground. Old Valley has vaulted toilets which were in great conditions, dedicated camp sites with metal fire ring containers with a flip over grill. We lucked out as someone was leaving and let us know they were leaving which was very nice. This camp ground I think is better laid out then Fish Creek as the camp sites are further apart. Somehow, as luck would have it, we found ourselves next to a larger group of young people having a fun weekend. But because of the distance of the campsites were more tolerable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Overall it was a great trip. Didn't get a whole lot of photos on the trail, mostly when we stopped.

After we split up I drove down to Borrego Springs and checked out some of the metal sculptures then took a look around the east end of the park.

@charlton Arroyo Salado might work well for a larger group too. Campsites are pretty spread out and a few of them are pretty large. Hopefully this google album works. I took all those photos with my phone. If you cant see it PM me your email address and I'll share it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts