TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have one of TBob's triple shifter setups from inchworm? I ordered mine last week, wanna see what I'm for as far as the install.

--Scott

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Fishbone said:
Anyone here have one of TBob's triple shifter setups from inchworm? I ordered mine last week, wanna see what I'm for as far as the install.

--Scott
as far as I know there is only one other in existence...Sbechtold..on his FJC

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hytenor said:
as far as I know there is only one other in existence...Sbechtold..on his FJC

Great, so I get another pile of parts and a "good luck, pal"? :rolleyes:

Reason I ask is, Inchworm said there were 3 or 4 others out there, IIRC. Figured at least 1 or 2 of those guys were TTORA members.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Fishbone said:
Great, so I get another pile of parts and a "good luck, pal"? :rolleyes:

Reason I ask is, Inchworm said there were 3 or 4 others out there, IIRC. Figured at least 1 or 2 of those guys were TTORA members.
LOL, yea, the insts. will be in Chinese :D

hmm, wonder who they went to...might not be Yotas though ;)
contact Sol (Sbechtold, FJC) and see if there are other FJs that have ordered the kit.

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
hytenor said:
hmm, wonder who they went to...might not be Yotas though ;)
contact Sol (Sbechtold, FJC) and see if there are other FJs that have ordered the kit.
Jim has another FJC crawler with the lefty transfer case scheduled in the next week or so. I'm not positive, but I think they are also getting triple sticks.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hey Scott my shifter were built by me custom - not an inchworm set-up

Fishbone said:

--Scott

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Fishbone said:

--Scott

Ihave a set but Jim installed them

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TBob said:
Hey Scott my shifter were built by me custom - not an inchworm set-up

I know. Don't you remember me begging you to make me one? And you pointed me in Jims' direction, I saved up the $$$$$ for one and finally ordered it.
Since I've got nothing better to do at work, I wanted to research what was necessary to make this happen.
Thanks again for engineering this thing, it's absofawkinglutely genius. :D

--Scott

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grumpy said:
Ihave a set but Jim installed them
How far, if any, are you clocked?

Got any pics of the finished deal? How is it? Do you like it? What did you do for a boot? All that chit. :D

--Scott

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Fishbone said:

--Scott
dual cases w/ a twin stick??
what`s a rear dig? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Fishbone said:
How far, if any, are you clocked?

Got any pics of the finished deal? How is it? Do you like it? What did you do for a boot? All that chit. :D

--Scott
clocked ~27*, yes I like it and glad I didn't do it the regular way. someone selling a triple boot. might still have link at work, search also found on ebay. I took 2 dual boots and cut and siliconed back together for triple boots. still need finish boot for 3 sticks :(

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
padesertboy said:
dual cases w/ a twin stick??
what`s a rear dig? :rolleyes:

What?

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Fishbone said:
only way I know how to have "3 shifters"
in a toyota is:

1-dual cases with "twin sticks"-separates the two forks involved in toyotas "j" pattern. And if you don`t know the term twin sticks you
wouldn`t have a clue what a rear dig is.... Besides no place to use
it in Pa....I lived there for 29 years.

and
2-triple cases...

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ummmm, yeah. Thanks for the info. Twin sticks? Rear dig? Nah, no clue. :rolleyes: Nowhere to wheel in PA? :rolleyes:

padesertboy said:
only way I know how to have "3 shifters"
in a toyota is:

1-dual cases with "twin sticks"-separates the two forks involved in toyotas "j" pattern. And if you don`t know the term twin sticks you
wouldn`t have a clue what a rear dig is.... Besides no place to use
it in Pa....I lived there for 29 years.

and
2-triple cases...

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sbechtold said:
Triple stick boots are available here or from Jim @ Inchworm. I found them when he installed my crawler and triples and I think he is stocking them now.

Sweet, so just gotta worry about the outer one. I'll figure somethin' out. Thanks.

--Scott

1 - 20 of 32 Posts