TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...NOW WHAT!!!!????

I found an old trophy truck frame that someone recycled. 2grand....how perfect????? :headbang:

It has all the mounts for the glass and components but they are all missing of course.

All i need from TTORA is a list of websites i can purchase major components for the truck.

I know several of you on here have built your own TT, and I want your input especially. Whats the best, most reliable equipment you would put in your TT?

I pick up the frame next weekend :welder: :saw:

pics to come!!!!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
lets just hope u have deep pockets and you have a really understanding significant other. 2 grand for the frame might seen like a good deal, but your gunna be into many many tens of thousands just for suspension on that beast

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets just hope u have deep pockets and you have a really understanding significant other. 2 grand for the frame might seen like a good deal, but your gunna be into many many tens of thousands just for suspension on that beast

No significant other :D so all my money is MINEEEEEEEEE :2cents:

·
Registered
384 Posts
looks like a corr truck
Kinda thinking the same thing, or a Class 1 buggy. Hard to tell.

You may hit up GMR or Blitzkreig. Show them pictures of what you have cause It looks like your going to need arms axle links the whole nine. Those 2 shops should be able to point you in the right direction even though they are both fabshops.

May also consider getting it sand blasted to knock all the rust off so you have a really clean surface to work with. Expect roughly 50-60k if not more to get the truck completed.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Kinda thinking the same thing, or a Class 1 buggy. Hard to tell.

You may hit up GMR or Blitzkreig. Show them pictures of what you have cause It looks like your going to need arms axle links the whole nine. Those 2 shops should be able to point you in the right direction even though they are both fabshops.

May also consider getting it sand blasted to knock all the rust off so you have a really clean surface to work with. Expect roughly 50-60k if not more to get the truck completed.
The motor is that much! lol. Honestly I have $50-60K into my truck, sure would have been easier to start with something solid like that than building around stock yoda stuff. You could budget build it, garage built 383 stroker, th400r, 9" you could keep it around $60K, but it'll eat parts.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The motor is that much! lol. Honestly I have $50-60K into my truck, sure would have been easier to start with something solid like that than building around stock yoda stuff. You could budget build it, garage built 383 stroker, th400r, 9" you could keep it around $60K, but it'll eat parts.
Truck motor is not gonna be cheap but I dont see 50k unless your going robby gordon status. You can get buy with a 9" but it would have to be something like GMR 9" using the 4" tubes running something like a 40 spline axle. Maybe my budget is off some. You can build anything on a budget. A buddy build a 1500 race truck for around 10k took first in the first race but again there was only about 2-3 entries. Any thing is possible as long as your not in a rush and fab most of the stuff yourself.

·
Registered
523 Posts
wow that looks like an awesome frame to start with. about the motor, these guys are smoking crack! just use a stock motor for now. keep it simple. maybe a chevy v8 and do up a motor later after its running.
suspension will not be cheap, but it wont be as much as they are all saying. taking it to a big name shop would definitely get you top notch quality, but if you shop around and dont limit yourself to local shops, you can get quality built stuff done at tons of shops. SoCal is full of people trying to make a name for themselves in the fab world.
if you took your time you could have a quality built rig for half the cost of what has been posted. yes, it will be lower hp. yes, you may be buying used shocks, a stock 9" rearend, stock brakes and rotors and so on. BUT!!! then you have plenty of room for your truck to grow! There is nothing more fun than upgrading your truck!!
this is all if you build it yourself of course. like tacorunner87 said, i would start emailing pics to different companies and see what input you get from them. other forums too would be very helpful. dezertrangers.com race-dezert.com for more info on your build.
good luck. i'm excited to see how this turns out

·
Registered
105 Posts
pretty far from a trophy truck,that is a FULL POTENTIAL super lite. it was stolen from them..(goddamn tweekers) I was on track to buy it. it was on race dezert until the seller realized he was dealing with stolen property. good luck on this build. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts