ICON 2.5 coilovers
OME leaf springs
Armortech skid
GPS
UWS Low Pro toolbox
tint
CB
255/85/16 KM2's on stock steelies
Bought on October 5, 2008, the day before I left for training. So stock, so new and shiny lol.

First snow of the season. Tint and toolbox were the only things done at this point.

Wheeling with Fuod...f'ed up the skidplate so I picked up a downey IFS skid off a fellow member for cheap.

Bluegrass 4x4 club show 2009. Took it up on the RTI ramp, scored an average of 527 I think.

After the Bilstein 5100's and BFG MT KM tires. Size is 255/75/17. Rear leaf springs will be replaced next Saturday under warranty.

Future plans are front bumper, winch, high clearance rear bumper, rear winch, rock sliders

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No new mods, just another wheeling pic. Out at Interlake, Indiana. I made it through most stuff in 2wd with a little momentum. Only time 4wd was needed was climbing a steep hill with a mudhole at the start of it. That is where all the mud at the back came from, entire inside of bed had mud in it as well from this. I should note that this wasn't a serious wheeling trip, just taking the girl out there to show her what it was like.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I finally managed to get it stuck. Going out through the river bottoms, and saw a little hole. I've been through it before with minimal trouble, even when stock. BUT, it seems some jackass has been wallowing it out with at least a 40" tire. The best I could tell, there was NO bottom to this hole. Took 10 and half hours, along with a 4wd international tractor to pull my ass out. I think I might have tweaked the frame as well.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrecked the truck.

List of damages:
frame
leaf spring fubared
spring hangers
entire drivers side
axle
toolbox
front/rear bumpers
taillight
wheel messed up
lots of small pieces messed up

PM me or check OT if you want pics.

When I get it back, it will be getting an aftermarket front bumper/winch, rock sliders, skidplates.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pics, but just a few updates.

Lifted rearend with AAL
differential breather extended
shackle flip on the way
New Bilstein 5100 shocks installed, in process of relocating shock mounts and ordering Bilstein 7100 shocks.
Shortened exhaust to not interfere with axle during articulation
Also, I now have OME 885 springs to be installed soon.

Got the truck back from the shop about a month ago...damages came to right at 12,000.
Cosmetic damages were repaired, along with a brand new axle. Best part is lifetime warranty on all replaced parts.:D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates, sans pictures because can't really take pics of them.

Installed the lockright locker in the rear
Installed shackle flip

Nothing else really interesting, just looking at ordering a few parts here in the next month or so.
- ARB air locker up front
-reduction case-not sure on gearset yet
- needing new tires, so I am going to start clearancing for 33's, but thinking about picking up 35's

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Long time, no update.

New stuff:
BFG KM2 255/85/16
Icon Extended travel Coilovers
OME Dakar rear springs
All-Pro uca's with ballistic bushings
Armor-tech offroad front skid
Handy little "beverage" holders in the bed for tailgating

Right now, I am waiting late spring for more things to do. Maybe a small bedcage and longer rear shocks, high clearance rear bumper, sliders, and front bumper.

Also, trying to figure out an annoying vibration at speed. I think it may be the driveshaft, so I will try the trick of unbolting and turning around. If it doesn't work, the new u-joints. (Spicer 1330 style).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New stuff added:
All-Pro upper arms
Amrotech rear bumper-high clearance

On the way(in the mail and anxious)
DOM sliders with kickout
All-Pro hybrid bumper

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Small update, got an all pro hybrid front w/ 3 procomp lights bolted up, 4.88's and ARB's f/r have been ordered.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the diff's installed, 4.88's and ARB's. The stock rear diff was toast, had ring gear teeth in the bottom of the diff so I went through the axle 100% to clean it out.

Small video showing lockers going up a side bank. It wouldn't climb it w/ open diffs. Lots of recent rain and steep than it looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts