TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I feel like a moron for asking this, but Im in the process of installing my Fabtech Coilovers... I go to remove my front wheels. I pull the lugs and the center cap, and then I hit a brick wall. Both the front wheels wont come off. What am I not doing right, or what is going on? This is my first Tacoma and Im not sure if theres something that Im not doing correctly. With my Chevy Z71, the wheels came right off... Anybody got some suggestions?

·
Registered
391 Posts
take a sledge and give it a shot from the back side. i recommend hitting a block of wood so it doesnt cause any damage.

p.s. you are prob gonna get shit for putting this in tech section.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Get very close to the tire. Hit the tire right on the sidewall with a 2lb. sledgehammer. Do not hit the rim. When you wake up, let us know if the tire came loose...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
you guys are alot nicer than me.......i hit the rim.....it works so much easier.......and my wheels look like shit anyhow.

·
Registered
225 Posts
spray some type of rust inhibitor (pb blaster or something), then bfh. if that doesnt work, sit down and kick the shit out of it alternating sides of the wheel.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, we can delete this thread. I just bought my 96 Tacoma a few months ago, and basically, I guess the previous owner hadnt had the wheels removed in a LONG TIME, or just over torqued them, cause I had to beat them with a mallet from the inside of the wheel. But they finally budged! The lift is on, but will have to adjust the ride height tomorrow.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had one wheel that was seized on completely... 20 pound maul on the backside did nothing...

So I put the lugs loosely back on, dropped it, started it and got going about 15 and slammed on the brakes. Broke free right away...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
17 Participants
bigblacktoy03
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing