TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I was robbed at gun point. He happen to take my Samsung S4, which I later recovered in a different city. A homeless man called me and said he had it. I guess he noticed my GPS was on.

Oh! He also tried to car jack me but couldn't drive stick. I guess my 5 speed conversion was worth it.

I didn't get hurt luckily and got everything back. That's all I wanted to say :p.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Dang, sad this occurred

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Sooo... I'm curious

were you paying attention to your surroundings
and the possibility that this could happen ?

I'm generally suspicious of everyone and anything.

And I don't glue my phone to my ear in public places
which could make me more vulnerable.

besides... I don't have a fancy phone anyways.
and my truck is a manual...

phone/car jackers don't want my old pos phone
and can't drive a manual trans right !? Lol

-------------

Glad you weren't injured.

Tho' you might think to consider your surroundings...
and what/whom is sharing that space with you.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was in the city of Orange. I saw the guy standing there and was very suspicious of him when arriving. For some reason I didn't do a double take, which I usually do... (Lock the door, move the car or grab my knife.. etc..)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
this is why people carry

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
So...I was robbed at gun point. He happen to take my Samsung S4, which I later recovered in a different city. A homeless man called me and said he had it. I guess he noticed my GPS was on.

Oh! He also tried to car jack me but couldn't drive stick. I guess my 5 speed conversion was worth it.

I didn't get hurt luckily and got everything back. That's all I wanted to say :p.
Fawk, I don't know anybody here who has ever been robbed at gunpoint. Time to move to Canada.:)
Glad to here your okay.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
It would only happen to me once and then I would carry.:cool::)
or you could be proactive and carry BEFORE it happens:p

all it takes is once, and you might not have a chance for it to happen again. What if that guy actually pulled the trigger?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
When did you Caunuckistains get to carry hand guns? I thought your lefty gubberment decided that you didn't have the right or need to protect yourselves up there.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
When did you Caunuckistains get to carry hand guns? I thought your lefty gubberment decided that you didn't have the right or need to protect yourselves up there.
We are not allowed to own handguns, I was meaning if I lived there. You don't need to carry anything here for personal protection and a couple quick fists will more than do.:)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are not allowed to own handguns, I was meaning if I lived there. You don't need to carry anything here for personal protection and a couple quick fists will more than do.:)
Knives allowed?

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Knives allowed?
Pocket knives but I believe nothing with a blade longer than 4 inches is legal to carry concealed. No reason to carry anything here for personal protection, I am almost 50 and don't know anybody who has been robbed here, ever.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pocket knives but I believe nothing with a blade longer than 4 inches is legal to carry concealed. No reason to carry anything here for personal protection, I am almost 50 and don't know anybody who has been robbed here, ever.
So.. .how do I become a citizen :D

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Damn man....making me look forward to my trip next week even less...I'll be working in Compton all next week. I'm licensed to carry in 37 states, but fucking CA doesn't have reciprocity with anyone...I'd be better off buying a gun on the streets there than trying to carry one legally:mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am looking to carry now. Been reading up on it. Anyone in SoCal carry that can chime in?
Your gonna have to go to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, or they might have an online link/info on CCW. Not sure who the Sheriff is down there, but 2nd amendment rights groups have been calling BS on Sheriff's requiring "Justification" to get a CCW and more and more Sheriffs have been issuing them after making sure you not a nut or felon.

Key words: "I was in fear for my life and had no other means to get out of the situation". That's for (God forbid) you ever have to shoot some deserving a$$hole.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your gonna have to go to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, or they might have an online link/info on CCW. Not sure who the Sheriff is down there, but 2nd amendment rights groups have been calling BS on Sheriff's requiring "Justification" to get a CCW and more and more Sheriffs have been issuing them after making sure you not a nut or felon.

Key words: "I was in fear for my life and had no other means to get out of the situation". That's for (God forbid) you ever have to shoot some deserving a$$hole.
I have 0 records so I should be fine. :D

Damn man....making me look forward to my trip next week even less...I'll be working in Compton all next week. I'm licensed to carry in 37 states, but fucking CA doesn't have reciprocity with anyone...I'd be better off buying a gun on the streets there than trying to carry one legally:mad:
Makes me want to move... -.-" but the weather though :D

Damn Dang! I'm sorry to hear this bro. I'm glad you got your stuff back and that he couldn't drive manual. What time of day did this occur?
9:20pm

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Well if the crooks don't get you down here, the freezin winter temperatures and blood suckin summer skeeters up there will.
I don't know if it's brain freeze or oxygen deprivation from the skeeters but there's somethin wrong with those Canucks and I think it's one of those.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts