TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent truck cover for the early model Tacomas? I've found tons online, but that doesn't do me a whole lot of good in trying to determine if they fit well, work well, etc. If anyone has any experience with any brand in particular, I'd appreciate the input.

And, because I'm sure people will ask "Why would you want to cover up a truck that should be getting dirty off-roading, anyway?" the reason I need a cover is for deployments, during which time I don't really want to leave my truck exposed and parked ~500 yards from the beach (salt).

Thanks,
-Radar

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I've got a nice one i got on ebay used. Its custom for the early taco extra cab. fits like a glove, breaths well, and is soft so it wouldnt scratch the paint in winds. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but ill get back to you tomorrow with it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks!

-Radar

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have had a few truck covers for my 97 Tacoma.

The one I have now I got from carcoversdirect.com I went with the

“Block-it 380”

I like this one because it is a lot lighter and thinner than the others I have had. Lighter and thinner for me = easer to store and use. I have had it for about a year and it looks new. It lives in the California sun everyday. It cost about $150.00. If you have a shell, don’t forget to tell them. I forgot and had to pay for shipping it back and shipping on the correct one.

Be careful, my roommate bought a cheap thin cover from the local parts store and it rotted in less than one summer.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
sorry bout that, i forgot about this thread :eek: Anyways, i just checked, its a "IntroTech" brand. I honestly havent used it much, but it fits like a glove and seems pretty high quality. As for price, i got it used on ebay for 20 bucks shipped, so check on there if ya can.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys, for the input!

-Radar

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If you're willing to spend some money, California Car Covers makes fantastic covers. I use their Stormweave cover because I leave the car outside all winter but covered up from like November to April. The cover is amazing. Fits like a glove and is durable as hell. The inside is really really soft too and they are machine washable, although I don't really ever see myself washing mine.

Every cover that they make is custom fit to your exact car or truck, and although they are pricey, I feel it's worth it if you're serious about protecting a vehicle. They have a huge variety of different fabrics too, and you'd have to make a decision on which fabric to get based on your desired use conditions(indoor, outdoor, lightweight, heavy-duty, snow, dust, etc).

www.calcarcover.com

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. I've gotten some pretty good info from searching Custom Tacos (because, seriously, which of the two forums would be more likely to cover their trucks? ha) about that company, as well. I'll definitely have to weigh out the cost:advantage ratio.

Thanks for the info!

-Radar

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
you bet, radar. good luck with it. btw, what's your other ride "that hovers?" ;)

Edit-nm... i just saw your avatar.. lol much respect :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts