TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got the 3.4L V6 tacoma with a charging issue. The battery will not charge. Rebuilt the alternator, replaced the battery and still nothing. No fuses gone but the truck still stalls when a battery terminal is pulled.

I'm thinking it has something to do with some bad wiring to the alternator but not sure how to troubleshoot that. Should I just bring it to a shop and hook it up to the computer to hopefully figure out the issue?

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi All,

Got the 3.4L V6 tacoma with a charging issue. The battery will not charge. Rebuilt the alternator, replaced the battery and still nothing. No fuses gone but the truck still stalls when a battery terminal is pulled.

I'm thinking it has something to do with some bad wiring to the alternator but not sure how to troubleshoot that. Should I just bring it to a shop and hook it up to the computer to hopefully figure out the issue?

Any suggestions???
how sure are you the battery is good? check your cables, on the battery, and the grounds.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Grounds are some of the most important wires on the truck. Make sure the end points are connected to CLEAN bare metal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on fellas, thanks!

Battery is brand new. Alternator was rebuilt but I'll try testing them both again.

I'm guessing wiring or a connector. I'll try and run some new wiring.

If the charging system is working properly can I pull the battery ends off, and if the truck continue to run, is it ok? How do I test the system to see if it works?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts