TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sick for about a week now and i havnt been out in my truck since monday. i went out to start my truck up today and it wouldnt start. its turning over but it wont start. I took one of the spark plugs out and there was gas on it so i know its getting gas. I really dont know what i should look for next. please help.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Pump the gas and try it. Mines done that a couple times now.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
is it just clicking? try the little ground wire that comes off the negative terminal to the inside of the engine bay. mine wouldnt start cuz that was all corroded

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pumping the gas wont do anything considering it's EFI. However, you can clear the cylinders by putting the pedal to the floor and cranking it. It won't start, but it'll turn over and clear the cylinders.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah my stepdad told me to put the gas to the floor then try to start it and then i let off and tried to start it and after a couple of turns it started right up. thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
ugly's ok
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing