TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Toyota Pickup 4x4, none of the lights on the dash come on, headlights come on and are not dimmed. It's receiving no power at all, I checked under the hood and found out that my 80 amp fusible link was detached inside and causing it not to start. I put the new fusible link in there and lights were coming on finally, still no start though. Every time i tried starting it, a high pitch noise would come from the fuse box and eventually smoke started coming from it. After investigation of what happened, it was my starter relay that had been smoking, now i'm back at square one with no dash lights and still brand new fusible link. Please help.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a 1992 Toyota Pickup 4x4, none of the lights on the dash come on, headlights come on and are not dimmed. It's receiving no power at all, I checked under the hood and found out that my 80 amp fusible link was detached inside and causing it not to start. I put the new fusible link in there and lights were coming on finally, still no start though. Every time i tried starting it, a high pitch noise would come from the fuse box and eventually smoke started coming from it. After investigation of what happened, it was my starter relay that had been smoking, now i'm back at square one with no dash lights and still brand new fusible link. Please help.
So did you change the starter relay? Check connection at battery terminals and posts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, put a new starter relay in and the battery still has 12.5v. Battery connections are fine, they are not corroded or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts