TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a True Flow air filter, and if so where did you order it. I believe that they are pretty similiar to that amsoil, being a foam filter. Their literature makes them look better than K&N and Fram, but who is going to put out literature that makes there product look like it sucks. Just curious if anyone has heard anything about these guys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
BLT2RCKTRD said:
Is anyone running a True Flow air filter, and if so where did you order it. I believe that they are pretty similiar to that amsoil, being a foam filter. Their literature makes them look better than K&N and Fram, but who is going to put out literature that makes there product look like it sucks. Just curious if anyone has heard anything about these guys.

True Flow filters are actually made by UNI, so just order direct from UNI for half the price, about $45. I think true flow wants like $70-80 just for the filter. The filter is a 2 stage foam filter like the amsoil, I've used them for a few years now with no complaints. As far the whole true flow kit, stay away from it, its shit and their customer service is the worst in the business. I bought one a few years ago when they first came out and had nothing but problems. The only good thing about it was the UNI filter. First they said it would fit all years. As soon as I looked at it I could see it didn't have the parts to make it fit 01 and newer models. It was a quick fix I could do myself but I still had to call them and send an email with pictures to explain why their kit wouldn't work. That should have told me they didn't really do any testing on it. I soon found out that the steel tube wouldn't flex enough and would break the air box every time you took it off-road. When I let them know this their tech retard called me back and said they tried to duplicate the problem by installing on a tacoma and driving on and off curbs to simulate off-road conditions. I told them how to fix the problem and they said they would get me the part I needed to make mine work, needless to say after a year of emails and phone calls I got nothing. No returned calls or emails, I finially got into a pissing contest with them at the offroad expo (a story Demello loves to tell). Anyway I kind of went off on a rant there. Moral of the story just buy it stright from UNI for about $45 and fuck true flow.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
BLT2RCKTRD said:
When i was at 2004 Offroad Expo i stoped by true flow's booth to check out what they had to offer. They compaired their filter to the k&n and from what i saw it definitly filters better than the K&N/TRD gauze filters. Get the amsoil which is the same two stage setup and it looks like its cheaper too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts